AHPA Queensland Branch is dedicated to improving the field on health promotion in Queensland. This is done by offering professional development and networking for health promoters; contributing to state based advocacy where relevant and providing regular communication on issues of relevance including employment to its members.
Queensland Branch’s Vision
To improve the health status of Queenslanders by building the leadership capacity of our members and making health promotion a priority.
To achieve this vision, the Queensland Branch is committed to the following Key Focus Areas:
- Build health promotion leadership, advocacy capacity and action for change
- Professional development, scholarships and professional events
- Membership, communication and governance
The Queensland Branch Executive meets on a monthly basis to continue to progress the AHPA objectives. Nominations for the Queensland Branch Executive are called for each year in approximately December. Executive members are then accepted at the Branch AGM held in February of each year.
Queensland Branch subcommittees include:
- Advocacy and Communications
- Professional development, events and scholarships subcommittee.
Click here to view our most recent Operational Plan for further details of the AHPA Queensland Branch.